I did some user-testing for my Seatback Airplane Ordering System and got some very interesting feedback. I did this with 5 people and here are some of the things they pointed out:
- In the Coke screen, the ice/no ice can/no can options were confusing.
- When you add item to bag, you should go back to drinks, not to the home page
- Two people did not notice the menu tabs
- One user wanted a screen after adding item to bag that confirmed that the item was added
- Home page is weird
- The do not disturb button
- The fact that the Home page is always available
- That the design is simple and pretty straightforward
- The illustrations responding to individual choices
So I performed some changes in my design:
- Changed the way ice/no ice can/no can options in the Coke screen are displayed. Instead of choosing between Ice/no ice now users only check the Ice box in case they do want ice. Added some description to the Item, clarifying that it is a 375ml can of the beverage.
- Changed the color of the words in the tabs to a darker tone of gray.
- After adding an item to bag, users are taken to the previous menu, not to the home.
This is how it looks like: